Saturday, December 5, 2009

A filler perhaps?

According to multiple syllabi there are ten posts required; eight of them to be for our literacy course and two for tech. So it is incumbant upon me to provide the filler post in order to reach the tenth post at the apex of stress; our last week of Fall quarter.

What have I seen, what has happened this quarter? I fell in love with middle school and realized that the "cool" teacher is not always the best teacher. Kids need time to work; and real time evaluation of their required work. Reflection, though brutally difficult, makes for a better product; that product being the person who had taken the time and energy to reflect thoughtfully on their experience.

I have learned much about literacy, and know that more will be required. I have written lesson plans but don't feel that I know HOW to write a lesson plan; and I have been evaluated but don't feel that I know HOW to prepare for evaluation. Go figure.

Despite all of this, the quarter will end, and with it will come grades, and the pulling together of forces in order to face next quarter. Viva la loco mutti.

No comments:

Post a Comment